Tuesday, January 24, 2012

fever dream - iron & wine/pineapple head - crowded house



I love talking about my dreams. I'm not really sure if I believe there's anything to be learnt from analysing the night time musings of my subconcious, but they always make for good stories. Sometimes they are a pain though. Like when you dream a conversation and can't remember if it happened in real life or not. Or when you're not fully asleep so your brain starts trying to rationalise what's happening in the dream, which both prevents you from falling fully asleep, and from waking up. Or when you know you have to get up early for something, so you dream about sleeping in and missing it over and over again.



I suppose what I'm getting at is that like the characters of these songs I, too, have bizarre and sometimes distressing dreams when I'm too hot. No fever required - just try an Australian summer without airconditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment